GMA Network and GMA News is HIRING! Job Openings for Digital Producers - August 22, 2013
GMA News and Public Affairs produces some of the most compelling, most innovative, and most awarded documentary, news magazine, and lifestyle programs on Philippine television. Among our programs include the Peabody-award-winning documentary shows "I-Witness" and "Reel Time," the country's first wildlife program "Born to be Wild," the investigative programs "Reporter's Notebook" and "Investigative Documentaries," the social realism narrative series "Bayan Ko," the innovative docu-drama "Wagas," and fun lifestyle shows like "Fashbook," "Ang Pinaka," "Pop Talk" and "Best Men"– just to name a few!
We're looking for digital storytellers who can help our TV shows reach wider audiences on the web and on social media. If you're creative, a great writer, a storyteller, addicted to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and an avid viewer of our TV programs, you might be the right person for this job!
This position is full-time and based in Quezon City, Metro Manila. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Candidates with one or two years of experience in online journalism, community management, digital marketing, social media strategy, advertising and public relations, or publishing have an advantage.
- Creating digital marketing and content strategies for select GMA News and Public Affairs programs.
- Managing select TV shows' social media properties including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others. This involves producing engaging social media content and interacting with viewers/users.
- Producing multimedia content such as feature articles, photo essays, infographics, and web videos for select TV shows' official web properties.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- Understands how to craft shareable social media content that will spark conversation.
- Can creatively tell a story using various media including words, images, and video
- Is comfortable interacting with people of different backgrounds, giving presentations, and dealing with clients.
How to Apply:
- E-mail your resume, one (1) writing sample in English, and one (1) writing sample in Filipino to Pia Faustino, Multimedia Manager, GMA News and Public Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please write the subject of your e-mail as such: APPLICATION OF (YOUR NAME) FOR POSITION OF DIGITAL PRODUCER.
- Please include a formal cover letter in the e-mail.
- Note: Applications that do not follow the instructions above will not be considered.
- Deadline for application: EXTENDED TO September 6, 2013.