To sign up for an account:
- If you haven't already installed the Twitter for iPhone app, go to about.twitter.com/products/iphone and follow the instructions on that page.
- Once the app is installed on your iPhone, you can log in with an existing account or sign up for a new account directly from the app.
- Tap the blue Sign up button on the welcome screen and fill out the fields asking for your name, phone number or email address, desired username, and password.
- If your desired username is already taken, it will turn red and a message will drop down below the username field telling you to choose a new username.
- Once you've chosen a username that has not been taken, a blue checkmark will appear next to the username.
- When you have completed the form, tap Sign up.
- If you provided a phone number while signing up, we will immediately send you an SMS text message with a code so we can verify your number. Enter the verification code in the box provided. Read more about having a phone number associated with your account here.
- A message will pop up telling you your account has been successfully created.